Data Scientist / Analytical Professional
Skilled professional with over 15 years of broad US and international experience in management consulting, financial services and marketing. Strong analytical and quantitative abilities. Able to analyze structured and unstructured data to identify actionable trends and insights. Reputation for strong motivation and work ethic, as well as ability to quickly master new disciplines and tools. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional teams to conduct research and analysis and implement programs timely and accurately. Proven track record of successfully improving the performance, efficiency and quality of processes.
Customer Insights | Analysis | Modeling | Data Science | SAS | R | Python
Qlickview | Tableau | Excel | Database Marketing | Reengineering | Strategy
SELF EMPLOYED CONSULTANT 2014-PRESENT
- Conduct analytical projects for a large US regional bank
ASSOCIATE PRINCIPAL, CORE ACCESS GROUP, STAMFORD, CT 2013 – 2014
Boutique consulting firm providing strategy and analytical consulting to the pharmaceutical industry.
- Assessed the impact of the Affordable Care Act for a large pharmaceutical manufacturer, including evaluating the increase in demand, pricing and competitive positions.
- Developed a segmentation schema for US Hospitals based on their characteristics and utilization patterns for specific products.
- Evaluated and Identified top clients and prospects for the rollout of a new product formulation.
V.P. CUSTOMER INSIGHTS, M&T BANK, BUFFALO, NY 2008 – 2013
Managed team of 4 local and 5 offshore resources conducting analysis and reporting of bank’s customer portfolio. Responsible for strategic analysis and modeling in support of marketing and other areas, migration of reporting operations to an offshore team, and the development and production of monthly MIS.
- Developed and implemented segmentation schemas for retail customers enabling targeted marketing and pricing strategies.
- Conducted analysis to identify and quantify factors driving customer retention and developed strategic recommendations for marketing and pricing.
- Analyzed and tracked customer attrition and behavior related to multiple acquisitions.
- Conducted extensive analysis to understand impact of new regulations on customer behavior and profitability, developed mitigation strategies and monitored their performance.
- Oversaw development of models to predict attrition and balance loss, and to predict purchase likelihood among other objectives.
- Deployed multiple analytical processes, tools and techniques to improve the quality and accuracy of analysis, deployed standardized methodologies and definitions to ensure consistency and enable comparability of results.
V.P. DEBIT OPERATIONS, CITIBANK LONG ISLAND CITY, NY 2007 – 2008
Managed debit card portfolio, in charge of 5 million debit cards and 2 employees. Identified and deployed new product features including new association requirements. Managed relationship with MasterCard and other vendors. Oversaw card issuance and customer service for portfolio.
- Analyzed product features and assessed competitive landscape. Identified and evaluated improvement opportunities to improve customer experience and increase revenues by 10-20%.
- Analyzed impact of proposed legislation on existing processes and policies. Identified strategic actions for several potential future scenarios.
- Designed and evaluated marketing campaigns designed to increase adoption and usage of debit cards, improving accuracy and return on investment.
- Led successful implementation of express delivery process for cards and PINs, resulting in a 75% reduction in cycle time.
- Improved processes for fraud-related card replacements, resulting in a 50% cycle time reduction, and in reduced fraud related losses.
V.P. DATABASE MARKETING, CITIBANK LONG ISLAND CITY, NY 2005 – 2007
Managed group providing analytical support to the Marketing Department, responsible for 8 employees and a $2 million budget. Oversaw development of targeting models, statistical and descriptive analysis, preparation of marketing lists, campaign tracking, and MIS development. Supported analytical needs of senior management.
- Developed and implemented methodology to measure impact of national rate campaigns. Conducted evaluation of campaigns and developed recommendations.
- Led development of models to identify customers most likely to cancel their accounts, enabling bank to initiate retention efforts leading to 25% decrease in attrition.
- Developed and implemented procedures for compliance with federal and state privacy regulations, leading to reductions in customer complaints and a satisfactory audit rating.
- Implemented control processes and reengineered workflows, enabling increased throughput and a 20% staff reduction.
SR. MANAGER, DELOITTE CONSULTING NEW YORK, NY 1999 – 2005
Led delivery of consulting engagements for clients. Managed day-to-day client relationship and provided quality control for all project phases. Led engagement teams of up to 8 consultants. Structured analytical approach, supervised staff and provided quality control.
- Assisted multiple organizations to reorganize operations and reengineer processes in order to improve efficiency and reduce cost, achieving cost reductions of 15-20%.
- Developed analytical frameworks to assess and improve the business continuity readiness of an organization. Assessed business continuity readiness for several major organizations and developed improvement plans.
- Led analysis of the competitive environment and regulatory framework for accounting firms in the top 15 markets to support the global strategic planning process for Deloitte.
- Assisted major financial institutions to identify and evaluate the functions best suited for offshoring; evaluated potential locations and developed migration strategies.
ASSOCIATE, MITCHELL MADISON GROUP NEW YORK, NY 1994 – 1999
Participated in consulting engagements. Worked jointly with client teams and managed junior staff. Conducted research and data collection efforts, organized collected information and performed analysis. Summarized findings and participated in progress updates.
- Evaluated competitive environment for several major credit card issuers. Identified, evaluated and implemented pricing strategies resulting in revenue increases exceeding 20%.
- Implemented market and credit risk management systems/processes for various financial institutions.
Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN — M.S. Industrial Engineering (Operations Research), 1993
ITESM-CEM, Mexico City, Mexico — B.S. Industrial and Systems Engineering, 1992
- Languages: English (fluent), Spanish (native)
- Citizenship: United States, Mexico.
- Software: Microsoft Office, SAS (Base SAS Certified Programmer), R, MapInfo, Tableau, Qlikview, Python